The Department of Construction Management prepares students for careers in the built environment by providing high-quality education, conducting research that will benefit the construction industry, and offering service to the community.
Our Mission: To prepare individuals for careers in construction and related industries by providing high-quality education, to conduct research that will benefit the construction industry, and to provide service to the community. This includes educating students in developing a sustainable built environment and applying innovative construction techniques based on cutting edge research to advance current and future needs in construction.
Our Vision: To be an internationally-recognized leader of education and research in construction management.
Provide accessible, high quality, and contemporary educational programs that prepare individuals to assume technical and managerial positions in the construction and related industries.
- Provide a diversified accredited undergraduate curriculum, such as tracks for residential, heavy civil, and other specializations.
- Provide tailored graduate curriculum with a strong connection to faculty research.
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Provide interdisciplinary opportunities for students.
- Conduct high-quality research that pushes the boundaries in construction technology and management and improves construction processes.
- Engage in high impact, ground-breaking research.
- Recruit post-doctoral, Ph.D. and Master’s level students to support department research activities.
- Leverage the Center for Education and Research in Construction’s resources to enhance research activities.
- Cultivate close relationships with the construction and related industries.
- Conduct service that benefits the community.
Quality Improvement Objectives
- Promote the professional development of faculty
- Increase department endowment funding
- Improve department visibility
- Recruit additional high-quality students