April 3, 2017
Superintendent, Richmond American Homes, posted 4/3
Job Title: Superintendent
Company: Richmond American Homes
Maiya Zentner, Senior Recruiter
At Richmond American Homes, our Team Members have been making dreams of home ownership come true for families across the nation for over three decades. Superior quality and value have always set us apart… but it’s the personalized customer service at each stage of the home purchase that truly gives us an edge.
We are seeking a qualified Superintendent to join our Kent, WA team. In this position you will coordinate the activities of new home construction at the sub-division level according to the Company’s standards and processes. Additionally, you will ensure that quality and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process while overseeing subcontractors, Assistant Superintendents and Laborers while maintaining job-site safety and OSHA compliance.
Other tasks you will work on include but are not limited to:
- Manages the construction and completion of quality houses within desired time frames and standards set by the Company and the Project Manager. Maintains inventory in a condition presentable to potential customers and within the acceptable standards of the Company
- Oversees and schedules all construction related activities on a given project or multiple projects for residential housing. Delegates appropriately to Assistant Superintendents, Laborers and subcontractors. Manages, trains and directs Assistant Superintendents and Laborers as necessary
- Manages and controls all direct and indirect construction expenditures for sub-division.
- Implements policies, procedures, philosophies of the Company and all required paperwork. Trains sub-contractors regarding Company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance. Safeguards the job site from hazardous situations and material (per SWPPP) and ADEQ
- Interacts with local governing jurisdiction to obtain all required inspections that conform to the master plan approvals. Manages and obtains Certificate of Occupancies within the local jurisdiction
- Manages the completion of homeowner orientations, expedites completion of homeowner orientation letter items and orientation repair items within the desired time frames set by the Project Manager and Company
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Prior residential or commercial construction experience helpful
- Knowledge of one or more of the building trades (i.e. electrical, carpentry, plumbing etc…) combined with a strong knowledge and ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must have understanding of the technical aspects of construction.
- Excellent organizational skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Computer skills in MS Office required
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer