September 12, 2016
Project Engineer – posted 9/12/2016
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Seattle Energy division.
McKinstry’s success isn’t a matter of fate or luck. It’s the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation…how we support our employees…the unique truly integrated way we deliver…the long-term relationships we forge with our clients…and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it’s common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm’s innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability “For The Life of Your Building.” For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
- Supports Request for Proposal (RFP) and procurement processes.
- Tracks current and future jobs while also projecting future staffing requirements.
- Reviews contracts, drawings, specifications, and other resources to answer questions.
- Coordinates equipment procurement with purchasing department and outside vendors to order and expedite material.
- Assists in development of Scope of Work for subcontractors.
- Coordinates job set-up, site mobilization, project administration and closeout.
- Oversees the scheduling and coordination of trades.
- Coordinates the McKinstry scope of work with the project drawings and specifications.
- Assists in preparation of Job Start and Project Closeout project binders and meeting materials.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Communicates with Architect, Engineer and Owner, to assist the Project Manager with daily duties or act as Project Manager.
- As necessary coordinate field activities of self-performed and subcontracted work.
- Creates and responds to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Develop, process and track equipment, material and informational submittals.
- Creates site specific work plans.
- Create and publish Operations and Maintenance Manuals for client.
- Obtain detailed knowledge of contract, drawings, and specification for project(s).
- Assist in the client and subcontractor change order process.
- Creates billing breakdowns and prepares billing substantiation.
- Updates and manages all project files. Includes maintaining employee, vendor, and miscellaneous files.
- Conducts quantity take off and pricing estimates for internal and external uses.
- Upholds and communicates McKinstry safety standards.
- Coordinates with Safety team to create and communicate site safety plan.
- Ensures safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Knowledge of construction concepts through a college construction degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals, estimates, and other regularly encountered items required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Customer service and or office administration experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Jake Hartz, Talent Acquisition Specialist, jakeha@McKinstry.com